This post is sponsored by Explore Cuisine – I’m delighted to partner with this brand that I already love. All opinions and content are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this site! #UseYourNoodle #SmarterWayToPasta
There are few things tastier in this world than saucy noodles with veggies, and these garlic sesame noodles are up there with my favorites. Better yet, I’ve made them healthier than ever by using Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti. This spaghetti is higher in protein and fiber than traditional noodles such as lo mein that you might use with this dish, but I swear you’d have no idea while eating it.
The chickpea noodles cook in 10 minutes, during which time you can whisk up the sauce and stir-fry your veggies. This meal literally comes together in minutes and is made with pantry ingredients plus a few fresh veggies. There are no shortcuts on flavor here, though. After I finished taking some photos of the noodles, we seriously ate the rest of them straight from the pan because we couldn’t wait to put them on a plate, that’s how good they are.
The dish starts by stir-frying fresh bell pepper, carrot, and broccoli, and then adding the cooked Explore Cuisine pasta and tossing everything with an easy sauce made with fresh garlic, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. If you prefer, serve the finished dish with scallions and more toasted sesame seeds. You won’t be disappointed!
2018 is a good time to be alive, with Explore Cuisine’s line of bean-based pastas (including other favorites like green lentil lasagne, mung bean rotini, and red lentil penne) available at my regular neighborhood grocery store. Everything in their line of products is vegan and gluten-free, which makes life that much easier since we have a gluten allergy in the house!
I hope you enjoy these lightning fast, nutritious and delicious garlic sesame noodles, which totally fulfill my noodle cravings while being healthier and cheaper than takeout! Let me know here in the comments if you give them a try, or tag me with @yupitsvegan on Instagram!
Garlic Sesame Noodles
- 1 8 oz. package Explore Cuisine chickpea spaghetti
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced or cut into matchsticks
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 green onions or scallions thinly sliced (optional, for serving)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (optional, for serving)
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or use brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp chili-garlic sauce (or use sriracha, etc.)
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Boil a large pot of water. Cook the Explore Cuisine chickpea spaghetti according to package directions until cooked through. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust the seasoning to taste if desired.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until starting to become tender, about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli, and cook for another 2 minutes until the broccoli turns bright green.
- Add the cooked chickpea noodles and sauce mixture, folding gently to combine. Continue to cook for about 3 more minutes, or until the sauce is thickened slightly and heated throughout. Serve hot, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds if desired.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.
Other noodle recipes on the site:
Hoisin sauce is not gluten-free. Please update Hoisin sauce or don’t say it is gluten-free
You do realize you can buy gluten free hoisin sauce, right?
SOME hoisin sauces ARE gluten-free. Both San-J and Wok Mei make a gluten-free hoisin sauce.
Yum! I made this a 1 pot meal by tossing the veggies in with the pasta for the last 2 minutes of cook time, reserved some pasta water (about 4 oz), and then drained. Throw it all back in the pan, add the sauce, using pasta water to keep it saucy, and done! Served with baked tofu, this is a kerper!