Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
30-minute meal alert! This veggie and chickpea stir-fry features fresh spring veggies, and made a complete meal thanks to Village Harvest Origins Basmati & Lentil rice blend, which takes only 90 seconds to heat in the microwave. You can shop for that blend and the rest in Village Harvest’s new series using the image below.
You may recall that I loved Village Harvest’s Antioxidant Blend of black rice and quinoa, featuring it in my spicy breakfast burrito bowls last year. I was thus delighted to try out their new heat-and-serve options. The Origins Collection features recipes inspired by authentic flavors from India and Thailand, made easily accessible at home for super fast meals.
Overall I was impressed with the collection and we enjoyed all 5 of the flavors:
- Basmati & Lentil (India)
- Lemon Rice (India)
- Tikka Masala – India
- Coconut Turmeric – Thailand
- Thai Green Curry – Thailand
All 5 flavors are organic, non-GMO, completely whole grain, and gluten-free. If you’re interested in purchasing them for yourself, you can do so here. My personal favorite? The Tikka Masala rice, which packed a serious punch of umami.
Because the Basmati & Lentil blend was already lightly seasoned with cumin and other spices, I kept my sauce for this dish simple and light, using a little bit of sweet chili sauce mixed with lime juice.
For years I avoided cooking asparagus because of a few too many incidents overcooking it in the oven. Turns out I prefer it stir-fried anyway, and it’s much, much easier and faster! Who knew? Paired with purple cabbage, bell peppers, and some hearty garbanzo beans, this tasty, colorful and nutritious stir-fry comes together in a snap. Combined with the Village Harvest Basmati & Lentil blend it makes for a fast, well-rounded meal.
Spring Vegetable Chickpea Stir-fry with Sweet Chili Lime Sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (equal to one 14-oz. can, rinsed, drained, and patted dry)
- 8 oz fresh asparagus cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 large head purple cabbage cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika (optional)
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 8.5 oz. package Village Harvest Basmati & Lentil Blend (or cooked rice or grain of your choice)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large, wide skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chickpeas, asparagus, bell pepper, and cabbage. Continue to cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the asparagus is bright green and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the Village Harvest Basmati & Lentil Blend if using.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the hot paprika if using and stir to combine. Add the sweet chili sauce and lime juice, stir, and continue to cook until all of the vegetables are done to your liking, (about 2-3 more minutes for me). Season to taste with hot sauce, soy sauce, or more sweet chili if desired, and serve hot.
Other stir-fried chickpeas recipes:
Orange Chickpeas by Plant-based Jane
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Wonderful dish ! Your photos making me feel hungry !!